1. The flamingo is the national bird of The Bahamas.
2. Flamingos are monogamous by nature, and only lay around one egg per year.
3. It takes flamingos about three years to get their pink and red feathers.
4. The hit song "I Only Have Eyes For You" was released by doo-wop group The Flamingos in 1959.
5. Adult flamingos' feathers range from light pink to bright red due to their food supply. The brighter the feathers, the more well-fed the flamingo is.
6. Flamingos=water birds. They live in and around lagoons or lakes.
7. A flock of flamingos is called a stand or a flamboyance.
8. Don Featherstone of Massachusetts is the inventor of the pink plastic lawn flamingo, which first went on sale in 1958.
9. The pink tropical bird is a preppy fashion statement that we fully support. In fact, we've already ordered these flamingo Espadrille shoes by Soludos for summer.
10. Flamingos are very social. They live in colonies of thousands of birds.
11. There was an old greater flamingo that lived to be 83 YEARS OLD at the Adelaide Zoo in Australia. The flamingo sadly passed away in 2014.
12. There are six species of flamingo.
13. We think you should wallpaper your guest bathroom in this flamingo print by Cole & Son!
14. Truman Capote once said, "She is pure Alice in Wonderland, and her appearance and demeanor are a nicely judged mix of the Red Queen and a flamingo." Can someone please needlepoint that on a pillow?