- Cooked and chopped chicken2 cups
- Diced green chilies1 can (4 ounce)
- Corn tortillas12
- Reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)2 cups
- Green chili salsa1 can (8 ounce)
- Fat-free half-and-half2 cups
- Salt½ teaspoon
- Oil¼ cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350oF.
2. Mix the salsa, chilies and chicken together in a bowl.
3. In a dish that is large and shallow, mix the salt in the cream.
4. Heat the oil on the stove in a frying pan at medium-high heat.
5. Fry the tortillas one by one until they become soft and start to blister.
6. Take out the tortillas and immediately dip them in the cream mixture.
7. Place a substantial amount of the chicken mixture on the tortilla and roll it up.
8. Place the tortilla with the flap side down in a baking pan that is ungreased.
9. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and pour the remaining cream over the enchiladas too.
10. Keep the pan uncovered and bake for 20 minutes until they are completely cooked.