To some people, telepathy may sound like just another mythical element that can’t possibly exist in real life. To these people, telepathy exists only in science fiction movies. However, believe it or not, not all elements found in science fiction are just fiction, some of them do exist in the real life indeed.
A Little History on Telepathy
The term ‘telepathy’ derives from two Greek words, ‘tele’ and ‘pathe’. ‘Tele’ means ‘distant’ and ‘pathe’ means ‘feeling’ or ‘occurrence’. This term was coined by Fredric W. H. Myers, a physical researcher, back in the year 1882. According to Myers, who founded the Society for Physical Research, or the SPR for short, the term he invented was better than most of the terms used before that. Before using the term ‘telepathy’, people would use any of these terms instead: ‘thought-reading’, ‘thought-transference’ and ‘communication de pensees’ (French).
To understand telepathy better, people can simply think of it as the ability to either transmit or receive messages, or both, to and from another person even when the communicating parties are actually located at two physically distant locations at the given time. However, it is important to keep in mind that the process of sending and receiving messages here does not involve any means of communications, such as a cellphone, and any of the five human senses that normal human beings use every day in their life. The human brain is the sole component involved here.
According to some sources, this ability to send and receive messages using only the brain can be categorized into two kinds, which are, the telepathic communication and the telepathic perception. The former represents a person’s ability to deliver a message to another person’s mind whereas the latter represents the ability of a person to receive a message from another person’s mind.
How to Develop Telepathic Ability
Now, what most people will often ask is whether or not it is possible for them to develop the telepathic ability. Although it may sound hard to believe, it is indeed possible for people to develop this ability. Yet, they should keep in mind that they will have the best chance of success if they try to perform telepathy to someone that is close to them. So, they should not choose any random person to try that ability upon. The best choice here is to try doing it between couples.
Now, after finding the closest person to them, such as their spouse or fiancée, people can try performing the following steps to send and receive messages using nothing but their brain:
- Find a place where they can relax. Of course, the best option here is to find a quiet place where few to no people usually visit. In this case, it may be important to pick a certain time window, such as during the night.
- Calm their mind. This is why the first step above suggests finding a quiet, relaxing place. People need to have a calm mind in order to successfully perform telepathy.
- The next step that people will have to do now is to take a piece of paper and write down the message they want to send. They need to read it by heart, putting all their feelings onto it.
- After reading their message whole-heartedly, people will also have to try and visualize sending it to the recipient. For that to work, those trying to perform telepathy will first have to make sure that they have the right feeling for their message. Again, this is why they need to be in a quiet place, putting all their heart onto the message.
- Ask the recipient if the message is received. If the recipient’s response is positive, the message has been successfully transmitted.
- Practice daily to improve the telepathic ability. However, of course, this last step is optional.